ISAAC 2017 Issues Convention
Thursday Evening, October 26
6:30pm Registration – 7:00pm Presentations & Voting
Christian Church – Disciples of Christ
2208 Winchell Ave, Kalamazoo 49008
These six issues are the top concerns expressed by community residents when we talked with them during our Listening Engagement in August. But we can only work on three at once. Come be part of the lively and fun way of voting on which are the most important for ISAAC to work on right now.
Listening to the community, choosing three issues, forming a task force on each, partnering with others, discerning how we can improve the way the system works, then showing community leaders all the support they have from our faith communities for changes that increase equity—this is the process that has led to all these ways that ISAAC has played a key role in making Kalamazoo County a more equitable community:
- Group Violence Initiative (public safety & community leaders together, giving youth a better path)
- SundayBuses & Late Night Buses
- ‘Vote Yes for Kids’ homes each year for 100 families with school children
- Increased understanding of Trauma-informed care for children
- Launch of our youth-led organizing arm: Future Leaders For Peace
- Health Equity Workshops hosted by ISAAC, facilitated by ERACCE
- ISAAC Racial Healing Retreat: Circle of Trust
All of these and many more achievements have been the result of the ISAAC process that includes our Issues Convention coming up on Thursday evening October 26.
Everyone who comes to the ISAAC Issues Convention on the 26th will hear lively presentations on the 6 issues, then get to vote for the issue they believe is most important for our community right now. The top 3 issues chosen will be the ISAAC Task Force issues for 2017-19. All community members are welcome to attend and vote.
Come help guide how we work together to create an equitable community in Kalamazoo County!DOWNLOAD POSTER
– Dr. Charlae Davis, Executive Director, & Tobi Hanna-Davies, VP for Communications