The Anti-Poverty Task Force is offering a class on poverty on October 3 and 10, 2 pm – 4 pm at Western Michigan University’s College of Health and Human Services, Room 2073. You can register for the class through the Osher Life Learning Institute at this web site – https://wmich.edu/olli/courses.
In this 2-session class, you will participate in a Real Game of Life activity to experience everyday life through the lens of the working poor in our community. You will be challenged to:
- Find affordable housing on the monthly budget of the working poor
- Handle a financial crisis without a safety net
- Juggle work and family responsibilities with irregular work hours
- Develop a strategy to increase your income
All are welcome to register for this course. Please spread the word so more people will understand how poverty in our community affects all of us.
– Dr. Regena Nelson, Anti-Poverty Task Force co-chair with Nicholas Baxter