Welcome to Coalition for Common Ground: Reducing Gun Violence Together & Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, the newest member of ISAAC! They work very closely together, so they have joined ISAAC as a partnership. ISAAC has co-sponsored and helped lead their annual Service of Remembrance & Action honoring Kalamazoo victims of gun violence, since the work is closely related to our Group Violence Intervention work.
Their mission is to address the gun violence crisis with open and honest dialogue and commonsense laws.
“Our organizations have experienced a huge year of action, learning and growth. Major work included local actions and Advocacy Days in Lansing in 2018 and 2019. The past several years we have been standing up against unacceptable gun bills introduced in the Michigan legislature, and we have been successful in stopping most of them. This year we are working to pass sensible legislation that will strengthen the capacity of communities to stop gun violence before it happens.
[su_list icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#9602ca”]
- We are urging voters to learn about HB 4497-98 and HB 4283-4284 during WEAR ORANGE events in June. There is also a “safe storage” bill that has been introduced.
- Visit our booth at PRIDE 2019 on June 8 at the Arcadia Festival site, or see us at the Kalamazoo Central Library on June 5 for a film and discussion beginning at 5:30 in the Van Duesen Room.
- Schedule a program called “Be SMART for Kids” for your organization or group.
- Contact us at [email protected] to get on board, or text JOIN to 64433 to connect with Moms Demand Action Michigan.”
– Rev. Linda MacDonald, founding co-president of ISAAC